Musharraf may be quizzed in Benazir murder case
Islamabad: Amidst the rising demand for former President General Pervez Musharraf’s prosecution following the UN enquiry commission’s report over former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto’s assassination, Presidential spokesman Farhatullah Babar has said that the ‘autocratic’ ruler may quizzed in the case.
Babar said the ruling Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) has asked Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani to direct concerned authorities to take immediate step in this regard.
“The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) has already asked Prime Minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gilani to take action against all those involved including Musharraf,” The Daily Times quoted Babar, as saying.
Holding Musharraf responsible for the fatal attack on Bhutto on December 27, 2007, Babar said the former President is avoiding action as he has been living abroad since the tragic incident took place.
He said the government has taken stern action against all those officials indicted in the UN commission’s probe report.
“Eight officials have been relieved of their duties while the service contract of a retired brigadier has been terminated,” Babar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read