Musharraf offered to contest polls from Dera Bugti
Islamabad: Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf has unveiled a plan for his party to contest elections from constituencies in all four provinces, including Dera Bugti in Balochistan.
Musharraf, who heads the All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), said he has been offered an opportunity to fight elections even from Dera Bugti and Chitral in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, reports The Express Tribune. Dera Bugti is the hometown of the late Baloch chieftain Nawab Akbar Bugti, who was killed in an August 2006 operation.
Years later, Musharraf was nominated by the slain chieftain`s heirs in the murder case. Musharraf was declared a proclaimed offender by the Supreme Court with orders to be arrested whenever found. He said he had not yet decided about the final date of his return to Pakistan, adding that he would "come back before the forthcoming general elections".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case