Musharraf ordered to appear before Pak court to face treason charges
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Islamabad: In a major setback to former Pakistani president General Pervez Musharraf, a special court on Thursday ordered him to appear before it on January 16 to face treason charges.
The order comes at a time when Musharraf`s family is trying to take him abroad for medical treatment. He is also due to leave for the United States for treatment by the month end.
A senior security official said that Musharraf agreed to leave the country after his former colleagues in the military convinced him for the same.
Last Thursday, Musharraf was rushed to the Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology (AFIC) in Rawalpindi after he complained of chest pain en route to the special court in Islamabad for his first hearing on high treason case.
The initial medical reported that nine ailments that the former military ruler is suffering from presently.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels