Musharraf placed on Exit Control List
Islamabad: Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf`s name has been put on the Exit Control List ( ECL) over his involvement in several cases.
According to The Express Tribune, the Interior Ministry has sent a notification to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Immigration in this regard.
Musharraf had arrived in Pakistan on March 24 after four years of self-imposed exile in London and Dubai, to contest the upcoming general elections under the banner of his party, the All Pakistan Muslim League (APML).
On Friday, the Sindh High Court had ordered Musharraf to not leave the country without seeking prior permission of the concerned courts.
Justice Sajjad Ali Shah Shah had also granted a 21-day extension to Musharraf in the Benazir Bhutto assassination and Nawab Akbar Bugti case to appear and surrender before the trial courts.
He has filed his nomination papers for the National Assembly from three constituencies - NA-250 (Karachi), NA-32 (Chitral) and NA-48 (Islamabad).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015