Musharraf plotted Benazir’s assassination: Talal Bugti
Islamabad: Top Baloch leader and Jamhoori Watan Party (JWP) chief Nawab Talal Bugti has blamed former Pakistan president General Pervez Musharraf for Benazir Bhutto’s assassination, saying the autocratic ruler wanted to divide the country and rule for years to come.
Addressing the Islamabad Bar Association, Bugti also held Musharraf responsible for his father, Nawab Akbar Bugti’s death.
“Benazir was called back home on the pretext of the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) so that she could be assassinated,” Bugti said.
“The main agenda of Musharraf was to break up the country and, therefore, he assassinated late Benazir and Akbar Bugti,” he added.
Criticising the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) government for following Musharraf’s policies, Bugti stressed that ‘provincial autonomy’ was the need the need of the hour, and that it would ultimately strengthen the ‘federation’.
He also blasted the government for initiating a military operation in Balochistan, and said people of the region would continue to resist the oppression with full force.
“We are ready to fight for the motherland but unfortunately a large-scale military operation is under way in Balochistan,” The News quoted Bugti, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29