`Musharraf ready to face high treason case`
Lahore: Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf is ready to face any court if newly elected PM Nawaz Sharif supports a high treason case against him, said his political advisor.
The Express Tribune quoted Chauhdry Sarfraz Anjum Kahlon of Musharraf`s party All Pakistan Muslim League ( APML), as saying that the former military dictator is ready to face any court in order to defend himself against the "politically motivated cases".
Kahlon cautioned the incoming government to exercise political maturity and to think twice before pursuing the emotional path of personal revenge which would ultimately benefit Pakistan`s adversaries.
He added that the pursuit of politically motivated cases will only serve to set off a dangerous chain of events which has the potential to weaken national institutions and is not in the best interest of the country.
Kahlon also refuted media reports about Musharraf leaving the country, saying there is no exit strategy or secret deal to leave the country.
Kahlon added that Musharraf dedicated his life to Pakistan and he has every right as a Pakistan citizen to live with his people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption