`Musharraf ready to face high treason case`
Lahore: Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf is ready to face any court if newly elected PM Nawaz Sharif supports a high treason case against him, said his political advisor.
The Express Tribune quoted Chauhdry Sarfraz Anjum Kahlon of Musharraf`s party All Pakistan Muslim League ( APML), as saying that the former military dictator is ready to face any court in order to defend himself against the "politically motivated cases".
Kahlon cautioned the incoming government to exercise political maturity and to think twice before pursuing the emotional path of personal revenge which would ultimately benefit Pakistan`s adversaries.
He added that the pursuit of politically motivated cases will only serve to set off a dangerous chain of events which has the potential to weaken national institutions and is not in the best interest of the country.
Kahlon also refuted media reports about Musharraf leaving the country, saying there is no exit strategy or secret deal to leave the country.
Kahlon added that Musharraf dedicated his life to Pakistan and he has every right as a Pakistan citizen to live with his people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Tamil Nadu Budget 2016-17: All you need to know
- Need mix of fiscal, monetary policies to deal with Brexit: FM Jaitley
- Rio Olympics 2016: CAS rejects Russia appeal, bars athletes from mega event
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!
- Oscar Pistorius: Prosecutors seek longer sentence for tainted Paralympian