Musharraf suffering from 9 medical conditions: Report
Islamabad: Former Pakistani military ruler General Pervez Musharraf is suffering from nine medical conditions and a coronary angiography is needed to determine if he needs a bypass surgery, a media report on Tuesday said.
Citing a medical report submitted to the special court that is conducting Musharraf`s trial for high treason, Geo TV reported that the 70-year-old former military strongman was suffering from calcium deposits in his coronary artery, mental stress, frozen shoulder, excess cholesterol in the bloodstream, prostrate enlargement, and spinal and bone pain.
The medical report uploaded by the new network says Musharraf?s father had died of coronary heart disease.
Earlier today, the special court exempted Musharraf from appearing in person for two days after his medical report was submitted in a sealed envelope.
The judges had yesterday sought the report from the Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology, where Musharraf was admitted on January 2 after he suffered heart problems while being taken to court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists