Musharraf suffering from 9 medical conditions: Report
Islamabad: Former Pakistani military ruler General Pervez Musharraf is suffering from nine medical conditions and a coronary angiography is needed to determine if he needs a bypass surgery, a media report on Tuesday said.
Citing a medical report submitted to the special court that is conducting Musharraf`s trial for high treason, Geo TV reported that the 70-year-old former military strongman was suffering from calcium deposits in his coronary artery, mental stress, frozen shoulder, excess cholesterol in the bloodstream, prostrate enlargement, and spinal and bone pain.
The medical report uploaded by the new network says Musharraf?s father had died of coronary heart disease.
Earlier today, the special court exempted Musharraf from appearing in person for two days after his medical report was submitted in a sealed envelope.
The judges had yesterday sought the report from the Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology, where Musharraf was admitted on January 2 after he suffered heart problems while being taken to court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown