Musharraf to meet close aides in Abu Dhabi: Report
Islamabad: Former Pakistan president General Pervez Musharraf has summoned his close aides to Abu Dhabi to decide on his future course of action in politics and his long awaited return home.
According to sources, several of Musharraf’s intimate associates, including Ghulam Sarwar Khan, Ameer Muqam, Lala Nisar, Hamid Nasir Chattha have already reached Abu Dhabi to meet with Musharraf and work over a strategy regarding his political ambitions.
Sources privy to the developments said Musharraf had also contacted dissident leaders of the Pakistan Muslim League-Q (PML-Q) and has asked them to meet him in the UAE.
“Sheikh Maqbool has refused to meet Musharraf, but another PML-Q dissident leader from Sindh, Jam Karam Ali, has accepted Musharraf’s invitation,” The Daily Times quoted sources, as saying.
Sources also said that some PML-Q leaders, who are still very close to the Chaudhry brothers, would ask Musharraf to use his influence to bridge the gap among leaders of the party.
“Musharraf will be advised to ask the like-minded group to bury the beef with the Chaudhrys so that a unified PML-Q could be formed again to serve his political ambitions,” a PML-Q leader, who spoke on conditions of anonymity, said.
“A young woman parliamentarian of PML-Q, who is considered to be the staunchest supporter of Musharraf and gets furious when someone lambastes the former president’s performance in Parliament, is trying her best to bridge the gulf between Chaudhry brothers and Musharraf,” another PML-Q parliamentarian added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar monitors search operations but no sign of missing IAF plane
- President Mukherjee, PM Modi condemns suicide attack in Kabul
- In-form Indian women hockey team beats Canada 3-1
- 'Corporate governance reforms to promote sustainability'