Musharraf to return to Pakistan before next general elections
Islamabad: Former military ruler Pervez
Musharraf has said that he will return to Pakistan before the
next general election though he is yet to fix a date.
"As far as a date for (returning to Pakistan) is
concerned, I have not fixed a date but there is one desire?
Whenever the next elections are held, whether they are
end-term or mid-term, I will return to Pakistan before that,"
Musharraf told a news conference in Washington yesterday.
The former President, who has been living abroad for
over a year, said he believed in the "independence and
supremacy" of Pakistan`s judiciary.
"I only hope and expect justice will be done," he
said. Pakistan`s Supreme Court last year declared the
emergency imposed by Musharraf in 2007 as unconstitutional and
A raft of criminal and civil cases has been filed
against Musharraf across the country and experts have said he
would face legal action on his return.
Musharraf has firmed up plans for his return to the
country in recent weeks and to float a new party called the
All Pakistan Muslim League.
He has also launched a membership drive for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’