Musharraf to `woman wrestle` Nawaz into oblivion in Pakistan polls!
Islamabad: Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf, in an attempt to break Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz ( PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif`s vote bank, has fielded a woman candidate to run elections against him from Lahore.
According to The Dawn, Begum Saira Bano, who will be contesting against Sharif from his Lahore constituency of NA-120, is no ordinary woman. She is the grand-daughter of famous subcontinent wrestler Gama Pehlwan, daughter of Bhola Pehlwan and wife of Jhara Pehlwan .
Belonging to a dynasty of famous wrestlers, Bano is set to give Sharif a good run for his money in the May 11 polls. Bano is also a cousin of Sharif`s wife, Begum Kulsoom Nawaz.
The former military dictator and APML chief returned to Pakistan on March 24 after four years of self-imposed exile in Dubai and London to contest the upcoming elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit
- It is inexcusable that Leander Paes reached Rio a day before doubles match: Mahesh Bhupathi
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”