Musharraf to `woman wrestle` Nawaz into oblivion in Pakistan polls!
Islamabad: Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf, in an attempt to break Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz ( PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif`s vote bank, has fielded a woman candidate to run elections against him from Lahore.
According to The Dawn, Begum Saira Bano, who will be contesting against Sharif from his Lahore constituency of NA-120, is no ordinary woman. She is the grand-daughter of famous subcontinent wrestler Gama Pehlwan, daughter of Bhola Pehlwan and wife of Jhara Pehlwan .
Belonging to a dynasty of famous wrestlers, Bano is set to give Sharif a good run for his money in the May 11 polls. Bano is also a cousin of Sharif`s wife, Begum Kulsoom Nawaz.
The former military dictator and APML chief returned to Pakistan on March 24 after four years of self-imposed exile in Dubai and London to contest the upcoming elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB