Musharraf to `woman wrestle` Nawaz into oblivion in Pakistan polls!
Islamabad: Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf, in an attempt to break Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz ( PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif`s vote bank, has fielded a woman candidate to run elections against him from Lahore.
According to The Dawn, Begum Saira Bano, who will be contesting against Sharif from his Lahore constituency of NA-120, is no ordinary woman. She is the grand-daughter of famous subcontinent wrestler Gama Pehlwan, daughter of Bhola Pehlwan and wife of Jhara Pehlwan .
Belonging to a dynasty of famous wrestlers, Bano is set to give Sharif a good run for his money in the May 11 polls. Bano is also a cousin of Sharif`s wife, Begum Kulsoom Nawaz.
The former military dictator and APML chief returned to Pakistan on March 24 after four years of self-imposed exile in Dubai and London to contest the upcoming elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India