Musharraf to `woman wrestle` Nawaz into oblivion in Pakistan polls!
Islamabad: Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf, in an attempt to break Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz ( PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif`s vote bank, has fielded a woman candidate to run elections against him from Lahore.
According to The Dawn, Begum Saira Bano, who will be contesting against Sharif from his Lahore constituency of NA-120, is no ordinary woman. She is the grand-daughter of famous subcontinent wrestler Gama Pehlwan, daughter of Bhola Pehlwan and wife of Jhara Pehlwan .
Belonging to a dynasty of famous wrestlers, Bano is set to give Sharif a good run for his money in the May 11 polls. Bano is also a cousin of Sharif`s wife, Begum Kulsoom Nawaz.
The former military dictator and APML chief returned to Pakistan on March 24 after four years of self-imposed exile in Dubai and London to contest the upcoming elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?