Musharraf to `woman wrestle` Nawaz into oblivion in Pakistan polls!
Islamabad: Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf, in an attempt to break Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz ( PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif`s vote bank, has fielded a woman candidate to run elections against him from Lahore.
According to The Dawn, Begum Saira Bano, who will be contesting against Sharif from his Lahore constituency of NA-120, is no ordinary woman. She is the grand-daughter of famous subcontinent wrestler Gama Pehlwan, daughter of Bhola Pehlwan and wife of Jhara Pehlwan .
Belonging to a dynasty of famous wrestlers, Bano is set to give Sharif a good run for his money in the May 11 polls. Bano is also a cousin of Sharif`s wife, Begum Kulsoom Nawaz.
The former military dictator and APML chief returned to Pakistan on March 24 after four years of self-imposed exile in Dubai and London to contest the upcoming elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen