Musharraf wants political solution of Kashmir issue
Islamabad: Pakistan`s former military ruler, Pervez Musharraf, has asked all stakeholders in the Kashmir issue to find a political solution to the decades-old problem that has bedevilled Indo-Pak relations.
Musharraf said all political forces of Pakistan should step forward to resolve the Kashmir issue. He made the remarks while speaking to a TV news channel.
The former president urged the Pakistan government to commence a dialogue process with India and other stakeholders to find a just solution to the issue.
The Pakistan government should inform the world community about alleged human rights violations committed by Indian security forces against innocent Kashmiris.
Musharraf claimed the Kashmir region is an integral part of Pakistan.
Appreciating the role played by the Pakistan Army in the war on terror, Musharraf said the force had been successful in defeating terrorists and providing relief in flood-affected areas at the same time.
In response to a question, he said the ruling Pakistan People`s Party-led government was elected through a democratic process and has the right to complete its five-year term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj