Musharraf wants political solution of Kashmir issue
Islamabad: Pakistan`s former military ruler, Pervez Musharraf, has asked all stakeholders in the Kashmir issue to find a political solution to the decades-old problem that has bedevilled Indo-Pak relations.
Musharraf said all political forces of Pakistan should step forward to resolve the Kashmir issue. He made the remarks while speaking to a TV news channel.
The former president urged the Pakistan government to commence a dialogue process with India and other stakeholders to find a just solution to the issue.
The Pakistan government should inform the world community about alleged human rights violations committed by Indian security forces against innocent Kashmiris.
Musharraf claimed the Kashmir region is an integral part of Pakistan.
Appreciating the role played by the Pakistan Army in the war on terror, Musharraf said the force had been successful in defeating terrorists and providing relief in flood-affected areas at the same time.
In response to a question, he said the ruling Pakistan People`s Party-led government was elected through a democratic process and has the right to complete its five-year term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers