Musharraf wants political solution of Kashmir issue
Islamabad: Pakistan`s former military ruler, Pervez Musharraf, has asked all stakeholders in the Kashmir issue to find a political solution to the decades-old problem that has bedevilled Indo-Pak relations.
Musharraf said all political forces of Pakistan should step forward to resolve the Kashmir issue. He made the remarks while speaking to a TV news channel.
The former president urged the Pakistan government to commence a dialogue process with India and other stakeholders to find a just solution to the issue.
The Pakistan government should inform the world community about alleged human rights violations committed by Indian security forces against innocent Kashmiris.
Musharraf claimed the Kashmir region is an integral part of Pakistan.
Appreciating the role played by the Pakistan Army in the war on terror, Musharraf said the force had been successful in defeating terrorists and providing relief in flood-affected areas at the same time.
In response to a question, he said the ruling Pakistan People`s Party-led government was elected through a democratic process and has the right to complete its five-year term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video