Musharraf wants political solution of Kashmir issue
Islamabad: Pakistan`s former military ruler, Pervez Musharraf, has asked all stakeholders in the Kashmir issue to find a political solution to the decades-old problem that has bedevilled Indo-Pak relations.
Musharraf said all political forces of Pakistan should step forward to resolve the Kashmir issue. He made the remarks while speaking to a TV news channel.
The former president urged the Pakistan government to commence a dialogue process with India and other stakeholders to find a just solution to the issue.
The Pakistan government should inform the world community about alleged human rights violations committed by Indian security forces against innocent Kashmiris.
Musharraf claimed the Kashmir region is an integral part of Pakistan.
Appreciating the role played by the Pakistan Army in the war on terror, Musharraf said the force had been successful in defeating terrorists and providing relief in flood-affected areas at the same time.
In response to a question, he said the ruling Pakistan People`s Party-led government was elected through a democratic process and has the right to complete its five-year term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list