Musharraf`s indictment for treason March 14
Islamabad: A three-judge court hearing a high treason case against former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf Thursday said he will be indicted March 14 as directed earlier.
Justice Faisal Arab of the Sindh High Court, who heads the special court, said the order to present Musharraf in court March 14 remained intact, Dawn online reported.
Anwar Mansoor, Musharraf`s counsel, told the court that his client was still not feeling well and by no means would he recover by Friday.
This prompted Justice Arab to observe that the court could not coerce anyone to give arguments in a case. Maintaining that presenting an argument was the defence counsel`s prerogative, he said the court could not stop the proceedings of the case even if Mansoor did not present his arguments for a month or two.
Musharraf was to be indicted earlier but the court adjourned the hearing till March due to security reasons.
The former military strongman faces charges of abrogating the constitution of Pakistan and detaining judges of the higher judiciary after imposing emergency Nov 3, 2007, while he was the president.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India