Musharraf`s indictment for treason March 14
Islamabad: A three-judge court hearing a high treason case against former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf Thursday said he will be indicted March 14 as directed earlier.
Justice Faisal Arab of the Sindh High Court, who heads the special court, said the order to present Musharraf in court March 14 remained intact, Dawn online reported.
Anwar Mansoor, Musharraf`s counsel, told the court that his client was still not feeling well and by no means would he recover by Friday.
This prompted Justice Arab to observe that the court could not coerce anyone to give arguments in a case. Maintaining that presenting an argument was the defence counsel`s prerogative, he said the court could not stop the proceedings of the case even if Mansoor did not present his arguments for a month or two.
Musharraf was to be indicted earlier but the court adjourned the hearing till March due to security reasons.
The former military strongman faces charges of abrogating the constitution of Pakistan and detaining judges of the higher judiciary after imposing emergency Nov 3, 2007, while he was the president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack