Musharraf`s nomination to be challenged by Chitral residents
Islamabad: Two residents of Chitral will file an appeal on Wednesday at an election tribunal against the acceptance of nomination of former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf from NA-32 Chitral.
The appeal by Alamzeb and Khalilur-Rehman contends that the former military dictator violated the Constitution and imposed "martial law" and emergency in Pakistan during his rule. It further states that Musharraf launched a military operation on Lal Masjid and he was also involved in the murder of Balochistan leader Nawab Akbar Bugti, reports The News.
The appeal stated that Musharraf is not truthful and honest.
The former army chief returned to Pakistan on March 24 after four years of self-imposed exile in London and Dubai, with an aim to contest the May 11 polls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights