Musharraf`s nomination to be challenged by Chitral residents
Islamabad: Two residents of Chitral will file an appeal on Wednesday at an election tribunal against the acceptance of nomination of former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf from NA-32 Chitral.
The appeal by Alamzeb and Khalilur-Rehman contends that the former military dictator violated the Constitution and imposed "martial law" and emergency in Pakistan during his rule. It further states that Musharraf launched a military operation on Lal Masjid and he was also involved in the murder of Balochistan leader Nawab Akbar Bugti, reports The News.
The appeal stated that Musharraf is not truthful and honest.
The former army chief returned to Pakistan on March 24 after four years of self-imposed exile in London and Dubai, with an aim to contest the May 11 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!