Musharraf’s party calls on Army to save him from ‘judicial activism disgrace’
Islamabad: A spokesman of All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), and a close associate of former president Pervez Musharraf, has urged the military leadership to intervene in the issue immediately.
Rashid Qureshi said that top military leadership would come into action as an ex-general is being denied justice.
According to the Express Tribune, the official said that judicial activism will not be tolerated anymore, adding that Musharraf will continue to face courts until he gets justice.
He also recalled that earlier this year in Dubai he had told Musharraf not to fly to Pakistan.
The Islamabad High Court on Thursday cancelled Musharraf’s bail application in the judges’ detention case and ordered his arrest.
On Friday, the former president was transferred from his Chak Shahzad farmhouse to Islamabad Police Headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scientists identify key protein that can predict ovarian cancer early!
- Report on roadmap to double farmers' income by Sept: Govt
- Sugar prices up in Delhi by Rs 2 in June-July at Rs 40-41 per kg
- MEA rules out India-Pakistan bilateral talks during SAARC meet in Islamabad
- Here comes a solar cell that functions like a plant