Musharraf’s party calls on Army to save him from ‘judicial activism disgrace’
Islamabad: A spokesman of All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), and a close associate of former president Pervez Musharraf, has urged the military leadership to intervene in the issue immediately.
Rashid Qureshi said that top military leadership would come into action as an ex-general is being denied justice.
According to the Express Tribune, the official said that judicial activism will not be tolerated anymore, adding that Musharraf will continue to face courts until he gets justice.
He also recalled that earlier this year in Dubai he had told Musharraf not to fly to Pakistan.
The Islamabad High Court on Thursday cancelled Musharraf’s bail application in the judges’ detention case and ordered his arrest.
On Friday, the former president was transferred from his Chak Shahzad farmhouse to Islamabad Police Headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands