Musharraf’s party calls on Army to save him from ‘judicial activism disgrace’
Islamabad: A spokesman of All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), and a close associate of former president Pervez Musharraf, has urged the military leadership to intervene in the issue immediately.
Rashid Qureshi said that top military leadership would come into action as an ex-general is being denied justice.
According to the Express Tribune, the official said that judicial activism will not be tolerated anymore, adding that Musharraf will continue to face courts until he gets justice.
He also recalled that earlier this year in Dubai he had told Musharraf not to fly to Pakistan.
The Islamabad High Court on Thursday cancelled Musharraf’s bail application in the judges’ detention case and ordered his arrest.
On Friday, the former president was transferred from his Chak Shahzad farmhouse to Islamabad Police Headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert