Musharraf`s U-turn, says Pak did not create militant groups
London: In a volte-face, Pakistan`s former
military ruler Pervez Musharraf has said that all terror
outfits in his country came into existence on their own, days
after admitting that Islamabad had trained underground
militant groups to fight in Kashmir.
"All these `Mujahideen` groups got created on their own.
I`ve never said that and there was a little misunderstanding
in what I was saying, that got politicised in Pakistan and
then people writing in India. But that`s not the case,"
Musharraf told an Indian TV channel.
His remarks came in response to a question on his
interview to German magazine Der Spiegel during which he said
that Pakistan had created the underground militant groups to
fight against India in Kashmir.
"I`m not that naive to pass such a comment. There is no
question of the army, intelligence or the ISI creating
`Mujahideen` groups, training them and sending them in. That`s
not the case and it does not require to be done.
"There is a huge public sympathy in Pakistan and there
are thousands of people who are volunteers to go to Kashmir
and to fight for their Kashmiri brothers. I would say the
Indian government should realise that they must stop
atrocities in Kashmir," Musharraf told CNN-IBN.
The former President, who has been living in London in
self-imposed exile for nearly two years, said all the
`Mujahideen` groups get strengthened because "people want to
go to Kashmir themselves."
"It does not require the army or the intelligence to do
anything. Therefore what I said was that happening in the past
and I did not at all said about the army and ISI. Hizbul
Mujahideen group was created in your part of Kashmir and then
they ran away from there," he said.
To a question on the Kashmir issue, Musharraf said it was
a "tough nut" to crack because it needs courage on both sides.
"I`ve been saying it needs sincerity on both sides by
leaders and government on both sides. It needs flexibility by
both sides, because never neither of sides can think of giving
everything or taking everything. It has to be give and take,"
he said, adding "boldness" is required to settle the issue.
"They will have obviously to give something to the other
side. Both the sides should give something to the other to
meet in the middle somewhere," Musharraf said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow