Mush`s palatial farmhouse may be demolished
Islamabad: Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf`s sprawling Rs.250 million farmhouse, which has five massive bedrooms and a swimming pool, may be partially demolished for violating building rules.
Authorities have said that the structure covers 764 square feet in excess of the permitted limit and "is required to be demolished", Dawn reported.
The farmhouse, built on five acres of land, is in the Chak Shahzad suburb.
Musharraf became president after a coup in October 1999. He quit in August 2008 and left the country. He now lives in self-exile London.
He never got to stay in the farmhouse.
An official said building inspectors were denied access to the farmhouse for security reasons.
"But recently they did gain entry despite pressures...(and) found that rules had been violated in constructing it," the official was quoted as saying.
The building is spread over 12,500 sq. ft. of which 764 sq. ft. needs to be demolished. Authorities have decided to impose a fine of Rs.1.25 million.
Five notices were sent to Musharraf over it.
Musharraf`s spokesman Mohammad Ali Saif, however, denied receiving any notice.
"We have not received any letter...," he said.
"I don`t understand why just this farm house (of Musharraf) catches the eye of everybody," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31