Mush`s palatial farmhouse may be demolished
Islamabad: Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf`s sprawling Rs.250 million farmhouse, which has five massive bedrooms and a swimming pool, may be partially demolished for violating building rules.
Authorities have said that the structure covers 764 square feet in excess of the permitted limit and "is required to be demolished", Dawn reported.
The farmhouse, built on five acres of land, is in the Chak Shahzad suburb.
Musharraf became president after a coup in October 1999. He quit in August 2008 and left the country. He now lives in self-exile London.
He never got to stay in the farmhouse.
An official said building inspectors were denied access to the farmhouse for security reasons.
"But recently they did gain entry despite pressures...(and) found that rules had been violated in constructing it," the official was quoted as saying.
The building is spread over 12,500 sq. ft. of which 764 sq. ft. needs to be demolished. Authorities have decided to impose a fine of Rs.1.25 million.
Five notices were sent to Musharraf over it.
Musharraf`s spokesman Mohammad Ali Saif, however, denied receiving any notice.
"We have not received any letter...," he said.
"I don`t understand why just this farm house (of Musharraf) catches the eye of everybody," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed