Mush’s party moves court for Jan 8 rally permission
Karachi: Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf’s party, the All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), has filed a petition in the High Court of Sindh (SHC) seeking permission to stage the January 08 rally at the Shahrae Quaideen area in Karachi.
The APML has pleaded to the court to order the Home Department to give the party permission for holding the event.
APML secretary general Haris Nawaz filed the petition and named the Sindh home secretary and Karachi commissioner as respondents in the case.
Nawaz pointed out that his party had also sought permission on December 22, which was rejected, the Express Tribune reports.
He said not allowing the APML to stage the event would be a discriminatory move, taking into account that the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf and the Jamaat-e-Islami were allowed to hold rallies in Karachi.
The respondents in the case have been issued notices with January 06 as a deadline for reply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you