Naming Khyber-Pukhtoonkhwa to cost Pakistan Rs 8bn
Islamabad: Official documentation to rename Pakistan`s North West Frontier Province (NWFP) as Khyber Pakhtunkhwa would cost the provincial government more than Rs.5 billion and the federal government Rs 3 billion.
The stationery already printed and lying in printing press and official departments including the Governor House, the Chief Minister House and the offices of the corps commander, chief secretary and the home minister office would now be wasted, Online news agency reported, quoting official sources.
All this stationery, which cost more than Rs 4 billion would be junked after the distribution of new stationery in official departments.
Work on rewriting the province name on official documents and signages would start soon. The provincial government would also hold talks with the governments in Balochistan, Punjab, Sindh, Pakistan-administered Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan asking them to rename the NWFP as Khyber-Pukhtoonkhwa.
Pakistan`s National Assembly or the lower house of parliament Thursday passed a constitutional amendment striping President Asif Ali Zardari of his sweeping powers and also effected the name change.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India