NATO admits ‘error’ in Taliban attack figures

Last Updated: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 11:37

London: NATO forces in Afghanistan have admitted that an error led them to mistakenly claim a fall in the number of attacks by the Taliban in 2012.
A report posted on the website of the NATO-led ISAF force had claimed that there had been a seven percent drop in Taliban attacks last year.

However, after being queried the figure was removed from the site, the BBC reports.

ISAF spokeswoman Erin Stattel said that ‘during a quality control check, Isaf recently became aware that some data was incorrectly entered into the database that is used for tracking security-related incidents across Afghanistan.’
He said that this ‘was a record-keeping error that we recognised and have now corrected.’

According to the report, the correction shows no change in the number of attacks during the period concerned.

The report said that the error is likely to embarrass ISAF which has been insisting the militants are in decline.

ANI



First Published: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 11:33
TAGS:

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus