`NATO containers caused Rs 82 bn damage to Pak roads`
Islamabad: The containers carrying NATO goods caused damages estimated at around Rs 82 billion to Pakistan`s highways, a minister said.
Minister for Communications Arbab Alamgir said heavy vehicles transporting NATO goods caused damages of around Rs 82 billion to Pakistan`s road infrastructure.
He said about 500 trucks travelled to Afghanistan every day from Karachi with supplies for NATO forces, the Daily Times reported on Thursday.
He pointed out that these heavy trucks were damaging Pakistani roads and highways.
The minister said the government had taken up this issue with NATO.
"We will again take up the issue with NATO as our 80 percent traffic flows through these highways which are in very bad condition due to travel by heavy containers," he was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country