NATO examining claims it killed Afghan civilians
Kabul: NATO forces say they are investigating media claims of possible civilian casualties from a military operation in eastern Afghanistan.
NATO said Monday that it has learned of local media reports saying its forces killed at least one civilian in Kunar province. Some reports said one boy was killed, while others reported that five women died.
The international military coalition said in a statement that a NATO outpost fired Sunday on four individuals at a position from which they had previously been attacked.
NATO said the individuals were armed and in camouflage. The troops watched the group and decided they were about to attack, and so fired on the position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi only confirming allegations against him: BJP on RSS row
- Vaishno Devi-bound pilgrim dies due to heart attack
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- US, Russia make headway on brokering truce in war-torn Syria
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants