NATO examining claims it killed Afghan civilians
Kabul: NATO forces say they are investigating media claims of possible civilian casualties from a military operation in eastern Afghanistan.
NATO said Monday that it has learned of local media reports saying its forces killed at least one civilian in Kunar province. Some reports said one boy was killed, while others reported that five women died.
The international military coalition said in a statement that a NATO outpost fired Sunday on four individuals at a position from which they had previously been attacked.
NATO said the individuals were armed and in camouflage. The troops watched the group and decided they were about to attack, and so fired on the position.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents