NATO helicopter crashes in eastern Afghanistan
Kabul: NATO forces say that one of their helicopters has crashed in eastern Afghanistan. Taliban insurgents claim to have shot the craft down.
The international military coalition says in a statement that it is investigating the cause of Monday`s crash. NATO says rescue forces came under fire from insurgents but had safely moved all crew and passengers to a nearby base by early morning.
Kunar provincial spokesman Safiullah Wasifullah Wasify says the helicopter went down before dawn in Kunar`s remote mountainous Chapa Dara district. He says that his report showed it was shot down by a rocket.
Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said that troops were dropping out of the helicopter for an assault on the militant group when they shot the helicopter down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users