NATO helicopter crashes in eastern Afghanistan
Kabul: NATO forces say that one of their helicopters has crashed in eastern Afghanistan. Taliban insurgents claim to have shot the craft down.
The international military coalition says in a statement that it is investigating the cause of Monday`s crash. NATO says rescue forces came under fire from insurgents but had safely moved all crew and passengers to a nearby base by early morning.
Kunar provincial spokesman Safiullah Wasifullah Wasify says the helicopter went down before dawn in Kunar`s remote mountainous Chapa Dara district. He says that his report showed it was shot down by a rocket.
Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said that troops were dropping out of the helicopter for an assault on the militant group when they shot the helicopter down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement