NATO helicopter crashes in eastern Afghanistan
Kabul: NATO forces say that one of their helicopters has crashed in eastern Afghanistan. Taliban insurgents claim to have shot the craft down.
The international military coalition says in a statement that it is investigating the cause of Monday`s crash. NATO says rescue forces came under fire from insurgents but had safely moved all crew and passengers to a nearby base by early morning.
Kunar provincial spokesman Safiullah Wasifullah Wasify says the helicopter went down before dawn in Kunar`s remote mountainous Chapa Dara district. He says that his report showed it was shot down by a rocket.
Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said that troops were dropping out of the helicopter for an assault on the militant group when they shot the helicopter down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!