NATO helicopters violate Pak airspace
Peshawar: Two NATO gunship helicopters
violated Pakistani airspace and flew over its northwestern
border with Afghanistan on Monday, a security official said.
The helicopters crossed the border in Torkhum area
of Khyber tribal region and flew one kilometre inside
Pakistani territory, the official said.
They remained within Pakistani airspace for five
minutes, he said. Two US drones too were seen flying over
Zakha Khel area of Khyber agency, officials said.
The pilotless planes remained in the area for two
hours. Recent drone strikes in Khyber Agency, the first
carried out in the region, had killed over 30 people, most of
them members of the banned Lashkar-e-Islam militant group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi