NATO investigates report of Afghan civilian deaths
Kabul: NATO is investigating an Afghan official`s accusation that a military convoy killed two women and a child in a car in a southeastern province.
A spokesman for the governor of Zabul province says NATO forces opened fire on Friday after the driver of the car ignored signals to stop. The spokesman, Mohammad Jan Rasoulyar, said soldiers had blocked the road to defuse a roadside bomb.
NATO said on Saturday it was looking into the allegation.
Civilian deaths at the hands of US and other international forces are highly sensitive in Afghanistan. Public outrage over such deaths prompted the top commander Gen Stanley McChrystal last year to tighten the rules on the use of airstrikes and other weaponry if civilians are at risk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' will hit silver-screen with songs
- South Sudan ceasefire monitors warn of violence
- Chennai Infosys employee murder: High-resolution image of suspect released
- A little butter a day may not harm your heart
- WATCH: What a grab! Eng vs SL - Danushka Gunathilaka pulls off unreal catch