NATO oil tanker blown up in northwest Pakistan
Peshawar: An oil tanker carrying fuel for
NATO forces in Afghanistan was blown up with a bomb in the
lawless Khyber tribal region in northwest Pakistan, officials
Officials of the local political administration said
there were no reports of casualties in the incident.
The tanker`s driver and his helper jumped out of the
vehicle soon after the explosion and were safe, they said.
The tanker was carrying 48,000 litres of fuel which
was destroyed by the blast.
Pro-Taliban militants have destroyed scores of trucks
and tankers ferrying supplies and oil to US and NATO forces in
Afghanistan during attacks over the past two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'