NATO oil tanker blown up in northwest Pakistan
Peshawar: An oil tanker carrying fuel for
NATO forces in Afghanistan was blown up with a bomb in the
lawless Khyber tribal region in northwest Pakistan, officials
Officials of the local political administration said
there were no reports of casualties in the incident.
The tanker`s driver and his helper jumped out of the
vehicle soon after the explosion and were safe, they said.
The tanker was carrying 48,000 litres of fuel which
was destroyed by the blast.
Pro-Taliban militants have destroyed scores of trucks
and tankers ferrying supplies and oil to US and NATO forces in
Afghanistan during attacks over the past two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...