NATO oil tankers attacked in Balochistan
Islamabad: Militants attacked and torched two NATO oil tankers in Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Monday, injuring three persons, police said.
Three drivers were injured in the attack carried out on the National Highway in Kachhi district of Balochistan.
The tankers were going from the port city of Karachi to Afghanistan when they were attacked by the militants, police said. The drivers sustained bullet wounds.
The tankers were torched by the attackers, who managed to escape before security forces reached the area.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Security personnel cordoned off the area and launched a search to trace the attackers.
Pakistan recently ended a seven-month blockade of supply lines to Afghanistan that was imposed after a cross-border NATO air strike killed 24 Pakistani soldiers last November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra