NATO oil tankers attacked in Balochistan
Islamabad: Militants attacked and torched two NATO oil tankers in Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Monday, injuring three persons, police said.
Three drivers were injured in the attack carried out on the National Highway in Kachhi district of Balochistan.
The tankers were going from the port city of Karachi to Afghanistan when they were attacked by the militants, police said. The drivers sustained bullet wounds.
The tankers were torched by the attackers, who managed to escape before security forces reached the area.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Security personnel cordoned off the area and launched a search to trace the attackers.
Pakistan recently ended a seven-month blockade of supply lines to Afghanistan that was imposed after a cross-border NATO air strike killed 24 Pakistani soldiers last November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj