NATO oil tankers attacked in Balochistan
Islamabad: Militants attacked and torched two NATO oil tankers in Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Monday, injuring three persons, police said.
Three drivers were injured in the attack carried out on the National Highway in Kachhi district of Balochistan.
The tankers were going from the port city of Karachi to Afghanistan when they were attacked by the militants, police said. The drivers sustained bullet wounds.
The tankers were torched by the attackers, who managed to escape before security forces reached the area.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Security personnel cordoned off the area and launched a search to trace the attackers.
Pakistan recently ended a seven-month blockade of supply lines to Afghanistan that was imposed after a cross-border NATO air strike killed 24 Pakistani soldiers last November.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know