NATO oil tankers attacked in Balochistan
Islamabad: Militants attacked and torched two NATO oil tankers in Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Monday, injuring three persons, police said.
Three drivers were injured in the attack carried out on the National Highway in Kachhi district of Balochistan.
The tankers were going from the port city of Karachi to Afghanistan when they were attacked by the militants, police said. The drivers sustained bullet wounds.
The tankers were torched by the attackers, who managed to escape before security forces reached the area.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Security personnel cordoned off the area and launched a search to trace the attackers.
Pakistan recently ended a seven-month blockade of supply lines to Afghanistan that was imposed after a cross-border NATO air strike killed 24 Pakistani soldiers last November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug