NATO oil tankers attacked in Balochistan
Islamabad: Militants attacked and torched two NATO oil tankers in Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Monday, injuring three persons, police said.
Three drivers were injured in the attack carried out on the National Highway in Kachhi district of Balochistan.
The tankers were going from the port city of Karachi to Afghanistan when they were attacked by the militants, police said. The drivers sustained bullet wounds.
The tankers were torched by the attackers, who managed to escape before security forces reached the area.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Security personnel cordoned off the area and launched a search to trace the attackers.
Pakistan recently ended a seven-month blockade of supply lines to Afghanistan that was imposed after a cross-border NATO air strike killed 24 Pakistani soldiers last November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!