NATO oil tankers torched in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 20 NATO oil tankers were destroyed in an attack by militants in Pakistan`s Balochistan province.
According to the media, the attack took place late Sunday night when the containers, carrying oil and other products for NATO forces in Afghanistan, were parked near a roadside restaurant in the Hub district of Balochistan, Xinhua reported.
Around 10-15 militants riding on motorcycles reached the site and started firing rockets at the tankers, which sparked a huge blaze in six containers that later spread to all the other vehicles parked nearby.
Earlier reports said that only half a dozen containers were torched, but later it was reported that 20 containers were destroyed in the attack.
Police, security forces and rescue teams rushed to the site and shifted the injured to the hospital.
The attackers managed to escape from the site easily after the strike.
Security forces launched a search operation in the area to arrest the assailants.
Earlier Friday, at least one person was killed and nine Nato containers were torched by unidentified militants in Khuzdar district of Balochistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative