NATO oil tankers torched in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 20 NATO oil tankers were destroyed in an attack by militants in Pakistan`s Balochistan province.
According to the media, the attack took place late Sunday night when the containers, carrying oil and other products for NATO forces in Afghanistan, were parked near a roadside restaurant in the Hub district of Balochistan, Xinhua reported.
Around 10-15 militants riding on motorcycles reached the site and started firing rockets at the tankers, which sparked a huge blaze in six containers that later spread to all the other vehicles parked nearby.
Earlier reports said that only half a dozen containers were torched, but later it was reported that 20 containers were destroyed in the attack.
Police, security forces and rescue teams rushed to the site and shifted the injured to the hospital.
The attackers managed to escape from the site easily after the strike.
Security forces launched a search operation in the area to arrest the assailants.
Earlier Friday, at least one person was killed and nine Nato containers were torched by unidentified militants in Khuzdar district of Balochistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad