NATO soldier, Afghan jail official killed in Kandhar
Kandahar: Attacks in southern Afghanistan,
the heartland of a nearly nine-year Taliban insurgency, killed
a NATO soldier and a local prison official on Wednesday, officials
The soldier, whose nationality was not disclosed, died
following a bomb attack, NATO`s International Security
Assistance Force said.
The death brings to 190 the number of foreign soldiers --
of whom there are 130,000 in Afghanistan under US and NATO
command -- to die in the Afghan war this year. A total of 520
were killed in 2009.
In Kandahar, the biggest city in the south and the
spiritual base of the Taliban, gunmen shot dead a prison
official, the latest in a string of high-profile
Nabi Gul was shot dead by two masked gunmen riding
motorbikes in the city centre as he was cycling to work at
Kandahar central jail, said Zalmai Ayoubi, a provincial
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site