NATO soldier killed in Taliban attack
Kabul: A soldier of the NATO-led coalition was killed early Monday in a Taliban attack in eastern Afghanistan, the coalition forces confirmed in a statement.
"An International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) service member died after direct fire attack by enemy forces in eastern Afghanistan today (Monday)," the NATO-led ISAF coalition forces said in a press release.
The press release gave neither the nationality of the victim nor details about the incident under the ISAF policy.
More than 84,000 NATO-led foreign troops are currently deployed in Afghanistan.
The latest casualty brings the number of foreign soldiers killed in Afghanistan to 157 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband