NATO soldier killed in Taliban attack
Kabul: A soldier of the NATO-led coalition was killed early Monday in a Taliban attack in eastern Afghanistan, the coalition forces confirmed in a statement.
"An International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) service member died after direct fire attack by enemy forces in eastern Afghanistan today (Monday)," the NATO-led ISAF coalition forces said in a press release.
The press release gave neither the nationality of the victim nor details about the incident under the ISAF policy.
More than 84,000 NATO-led foreign troops are currently deployed in Afghanistan.
The latest casualty brings the number of foreign soldiers killed in Afghanistan to 157 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror