NATO terms Karzai`s accusation as `ridiculous`
Brussels: NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said it is "absolutely ridiculous" for Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai to accuse the US of colluding with the Taliban.
"I reject the idea that was publicly launched by President Karzai that one way or the other there is a so-called collusion between NATO, ISAF, US and the Taliban. It`s an absolutely ridiculous idea," reported Xinhua citing Rasmussen as saying Monday at his monthly press conference in Brussels.
On March 10, Karzai accused the US of conspiring with the Taliban to keep foreign troops in Afghanistan beyond 2014, when NATO is going to end its combat mission.
"We fully respect the sovereignty of Afghanistan. But we would also expect acknowledgment from the Afghan side that we have actually invested a lot in blood and treasure in helping President Karzai`s country to move forward."
The NATO chief said Karzai had changed some of statements and stressed the remarks were meant to "help reform, not destroy, the relationship".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash