Nawaz backs Asif Ali Zardari as Pak President
Islamabad: Former Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif believes conspiracies are being hatched for defying the Supreme Court`s orders and says his party will bring the "schemers" to justice.
While talking to reporters after condoling the death of a Jamat-e-Islami leader`s mother, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief said that the attitude towards Supreme Court of Pakistan was unacceptable, Geo News reported.
Nawaz also said that "those shedding crocodile tears on Balochistan issue today didn`t stop Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf when former ruler had launched operation against Nawab Akbar Bugti".
Musharraf, who has been living in exile in London and Dubai since resigning in 2008, has been charged with involvement in the killing of Baloch tribal leader Nawab Akbar Bugti.
Bugti was accused by the then government of creating a wave of terrorism in Balochistan in 2004. He went into hiding in 2005 and was killed in August 2006 in a cave in Kohlu, about 240 km from Quetta.
The Balochistan High Court in November last year issued arrest warrants for Musharraf in the Bugti murder case.
Nawaz told reporters on Saturday that he supported Asif Ali Zardari as the country`s President because the latter assured him resolution of all the problems that the country faced during Musharraf`s regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow