`Nawaz didn’t suggest unilateral Siachen pullout’
Islamabad: The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has retracted its stance regarding the unilateral withdrawal of troops from the Siachen Glacier and said the party chief Nawaz Sharif had proposed that Pakistan should take the lead in talks on the dispute.
“Mian sahib did not suggest a unilateral withdrawal of troops from Siachen. What we said was Pakistan should lead a dialogue with India over the issue,” The Daily Times quoted PML-N leader Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, as saying.
He said that Sharif’s statement was misinterpreted and wrongly reported in a section of the press.
Commenting on PTI chairman Imran Khan’s remarks that he did not visit Siachen due to scarcity of funds, Nisar said: “There is no doubt that Khan is a poor fellow and cannot afford a visit of Gayari to express solidarity with soldiers trapped under a gigantic avalanche… He can use private jets, owned by several members of his party, for foreign and domestic visits but cannot go to Gayari.”
Meanwhile, Sharif said past mistakes by both Pakistan and India and their attitude towards each other had been hindering talks on the Siachen issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt