Nawaz Sharif condemns US drone strikes
Islamabad: Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in his speech to the first cabinet meeting Monday condemned the US drone attacks as violation of national sovereignty.
Sharif has been critical of the drone attacks in the country`s tribal regions since he assumed office as the prime minister last week, reported Xinhua.
The CIA-controlled drone operation carried out one strike in North Waziristan only two days after Sharif became the prime minister.
Nawaz Sharif told the cabinet that his government has chalked out a policy to counter the drone strikes but he did not elaborate.
"It is a matter of concern that after taking charge of the new government, a drone attack was launched, which is not acceptable in any way," the prime minister said.
Sharif`s remarks came at a time when an opposition party submitted a resolution against the drone strikes in the national parliament.
Former foreign minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, a central leader of the Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf, said the resolution seeks condemnation of the drone strikes and calls for tough measures to stop drone attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video