Nawaz Sharif escapes plane accident
Lahore: Former premier Nawaz Sharif had a narrow escape when his chartered aircraft made an emergency landing in this eastern Pakistani city on Friday after one of its windows developed a crack.
The PML-N chief was flying from Quetta, the capital of Balochistan province, to Hasilpur district in Punjab, 400 km from Lahore, when the Challenger aircraft`s window was damaged.
A total of 11 people were on board the aircraft, which was at an altitude of 9,000 feet when the incident occurred.
The pilot diverted the aircraft to Lahore and made an emergency landing, Civil Aviation Authority spokesman Abid Qaimkhwani told PTI.
Besides Sharif, several senior leaders of the PML-N were in the aircraft, which was hired for the party`s election campaign.
No one was injured in the incident, Qaimkhwani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh