Nawaz Sharif escapes plane accident
Lahore: Former premier Nawaz Sharif had a narrow escape when his chartered aircraft made an emergency landing in this eastern Pakistani city on Friday after one of its windows developed a crack.
The PML-N chief was flying from Quetta, the capital of Balochistan province, to Hasilpur district in Punjab, 400 km from Lahore, when the Challenger aircraft`s window was damaged.
A total of 11 people were on board the aircraft, which was at an altitude of 9,000 feet when the incident occurred.
The pilot diverted the aircraft to Lahore and made an emergency landing, Civil Aviation Authority spokesman Abid Qaimkhwani told PTI.
Besides Sharif, several senior leaders of the PML-N were in the aircraft, which was hired for the party`s election campaign.
No one was injured in the incident, Qaimkhwani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Feud brewing within Samajwadi Party? Akhilesh Yadav says 'No', adds merger with QED an internal matter of party
- Real reason why Salman Khan doesn't want to meet Deepika Padukone!
- Bangladesh's Hindu population grew by 1 percent in a year: Report
- Pakistan supports China on South China Sea
- Shiv Sena asks PM Narendra Modi if yoga will relieve pain of inflation