Nawaz Sharif escapes plane accident
Lahore: Former premier Nawaz Sharif had a narrow escape when his chartered aircraft made an emergency landing in this eastern Pakistani city on Friday after one of its windows developed a crack.
The PML-N chief was flying from Quetta, the capital of Balochistan province, to Hasilpur district in Punjab, 400 km from Lahore, when the Challenger aircraft`s window was damaged.
A total of 11 people were on board the aircraft, which was at an altitude of 9,000 feet when the incident occurred.
The pilot diverted the aircraft to Lahore and made an emergency landing, Civil Aviation Authority spokesman Abid Qaimkhwani told PTI.
Besides Sharif, several senior leaders of the PML-N were in the aircraft, which was hired for the party`s election campaign.
No one was injured in the incident, Qaimkhwani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next