Nawaz Sharif escapes plane accident
Lahore: Former premier Nawaz Sharif had a narrow escape when his chartered aircraft made an emergency landing in this eastern Pakistani city on Friday after one of its windows developed a crack.
The PML-N chief was flying from Quetta, the capital of Balochistan province, to Hasilpur district in Punjab, 400 km from Lahore, when the Challenger aircraft`s window was damaged.
A total of 11 people were on board the aircraft, which was at an altitude of 9,000 feet when the incident occurred.
The pilot diverted the aircraft to Lahore and made an emergency landing, Civil Aviation Authority spokesman Abid Qaimkhwani told PTI.
Besides Sharif, several senior leaders of the PML-N were in the aircraft, which was hired for the party`s election campaign.
No one was injured in the incident, Qaimkhwani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis