Nawaz Sharif escapes plane accident
Lahore: Former premier Nawaz Sharif had a narrow escape when his chartered aircraft made an emergency landing in this eastern Pakistani city on Friday after one of its windows developed a crack.
The PML-N chief was flying from Quetta, the capital of Balochistan province, to Hasilpur district in Punjab, 400 km from Lahore, when the Challenger aircraft`s window was damaged.
A total of 11 people were on board the aircraft, which was at an altitude of 9,000 feet when the incident occurred.
The pilot diverted the aircraft to Lahore and made an emergency landing, Civil Aviation Authority spokesman Abid Qaimkhwani told PTI.
Besides Sharif, several senior leaders of the PML-N were in the aircraft, which was hired for the party`s election campaign.
No one was injured in the incident, Qaimkhwani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack