Nawaz Sharif hopes for Taliban talks within Constitution
London: Pakistan`s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has said that he hopes the dialogue with the Taliban will progress within the constitutional framework of Pakistan.
Sharif on Thursday said that dialogue with the Taliban has started, the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported.
According to a press release issued by the Pakistan high commission here, Sharif apprised Britain`s Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg of the dialogue with the Taliban, relations with India, the energy situation and the economic reforms agenda of his government.
He said the Pakistan government was making its counter-terrorism forces and intelligence agencies fully capable to root out extremism and terrorism from the country.
On Pakistan-India relations, Sharif said: "We have made India bashing a non-issue in Pakistan but unfortunately, Indian politicians are still engaged in unwarranted Pakistan bashing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested