Nawaz Sharif orders Nanga Parbat killers` arrest
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Monday ordered arrest of those involved in the killings of 11 people on Nanga Parbat area in Gilgit-Baltistan, while observing that the attack posed the worst threat to national security.
Sharif issued the order while presiding over the cabinet meet here, during which the country`s overall security situation was discussed with a special reference to the killings of nine foreign tourists and two Pakistanis and other terror attacks, Geo News reported.
Apprising the cabinet about the Saturday night killings of tourists, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan said the terrorists had conducted reconnaissance of the area and taken help of the guides to reach the tourist base camp.
Meanwhile, the security forces rounded up over 37 suspected people and took them into custody during a search operation launched in villages following the tourists` killings.
The arrested were being interrogated at some unidentified place. Police, army and scouts were taking part in the search operation, said Ali Sher, deputy inspector general of Gilgit-Baltistan police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'