Nawaz Sharif orders Nanga Parbat killers` arrest
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Monday ordered arrest of those involved in the killings of 11 people on Nanga Parbat area in Gilgit-Baltistan, while observing that the attack posed the worst threat to national security.
Sharif issued the order while presiding over the cabinet meet here, during which the country`s overall security situation was discussed with a special reference to the killings of nine foreign tourists and two Pakistanis and other terror attacks, Geo News reported.
Apprising the cabinet about the Saturday night killings of tourists, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan said the terrorists had conducted reconnaissance of the area and taken help of the guides to reach the tourist base camp.
Meanwhile, the security forces rounded up over 37 suspected people and took them into custody during a search operation launched in villages following the tourists` killings.
The arrested were being interrogated at some unidentified place. Police, army and scouts were taking part in the search operation, said Ali Sher, deputy inspector general of Gilgit-Baltistan police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured