Nawaz Sharif says nobody can dictate to Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has said nobody could dictate to the country.
He added that Pakistan has the prerogative to take its own decisions and it should exercise its right.
According to the Daily Times, talking to the media after his arrival in London, Sharif said the issue of Shakeel Afridi, who helped the US locate Osama Bin Laden, was sub judice and the court would give its ruling in this connection.
He said the government would not take any extra-judicial step over the issue of Afridi.
He added that drone attacks were against sovereignty of Pakistan and during his meeting with US President Barack Obama he had "very candidly and openly" discussed the issue, the report said.
Sharif, who is in London to attend 9th meeting of the World Islamic Forum, said that peace was fast restoring in the port city of Karachi, adding that it would be restored fully, it added.
He added that it was policy of Pakistan to support a peaceful Afghanistan.
Nawaz said that he would present the steps being taken for improvement of the country`s economy during the World Islamic Forum meet.
The World Islamic Forum, established to enhance the economic well-being of the people of Muslim nations and communities, aims at increasing trade and business opportunities among them and the world at large, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy