Nawaz Sharif seeks civil-nuclear technology from China
Islamabad: Prime Minister-designate Nawaz Sharif today sought civil nuclear technology to overcome Pakistan`s energy crisis during a meeting with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang.
Sharif called on Li at a hotel here this morning and discussed ways to strengthen bilateral relations in different fields.
He focussed on civil nuclear technology, trade and foreign investment during his talks with Li, Geo News channel quoted its sources as saying.
The PML-N chief said China had invested in Pakistani nuclear projects in the past and should provide more cooperation to help the country overcome its energy crisis, the channel reported.
Premier Li, who is here on a two-day official visit to Pakistan as part of a four-nation trip, congratulated Sharif on his party`s victory in the general election.
He expressed good wishes for the new government of Pakistan.
Sharif expressed the hope that the two countries will continue working together for the mutual benefit of their people.
The meeting was attended by former Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, PML-N leaders Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and Ishaq Dar, and Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown