Nawaz Sharif seeks civil-nuclear technology from China
Islamabad: Prime Minister-designate Nawaz Sharif today sought civil nuclear technology to overcome Pakistan`s energy crisis during a meeting with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang.
Sharif called on Li at a hotel here this morning and discussed ways to strengthen bilateral relations in different fields.
He focussed on civil nuclear technology, trade and foreign investment during his talks with Li, Geo News channel quoted its sources as saying.
The PML-N chief said China had invested in Pakistani nuclear projects in the past and should provide more cooperation to help the country overcome its energy crisis, the channel reported.
Premier Li, who is here on a two-day official visit to Pakistan as part of a four-nation trip, congratulated Sharif on his party`s victory in the general election.
He expressed good wishes for the new government of Pakistan.
Sharif expressed the hope that the two countries will continue working together for the mutual benefit of their people.
The meeting was attended by former Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, PML-N leaders Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and Ishaq Dar, and Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali