Nawaz Sharif seeks civil-nuclear technology from China
Islamabad: Prime Minister-designate Nawaz Sharif today sought civil nuclear technology to overcome Pakistan`s energy crisis during a meeting with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang.
Sharif called on Li at a hotel here this morning and discussed ways to strengthen bilateral relations in different fields.
He focussed on civil nuclear technology, trade and foreign investment during his talks with Li, Geo News channel quoted its sources as saying.
The PML-N chief said China had invested in Pakistani nuclear projects in the past and should provide more cooperation to help the country overcome its energy crisis, the channel reported.
Premier Li, who is here on a two-day official visit to Pakistan as part of a four-nation trip, congratulated Sharif on his party`s victory in the general election.
He expressed good wishes for the new government of Pakistan.
Sharif expressed the hope that the two countries will continue working together for the mutual benefit of their people.
The meeting was attended by former Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, PML-N leaders Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and Ishaq Dar, and Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users