Nawaz Sharif seeks civil-nuclear technology from China
Islamabad: Prime Minister-designate Nawaz Sharif on Saturday sought civil nuclear technology to overcome Pakistan`s energy crisis during a meeting with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang.
Sharif called on Li at a hotel here on Saturday morning and discussed ways to strengthen bilateral relations in different fields.
He focussed on civil nuclear technology, trade and foreign investment during his talks with Li, Geo News channel quoted its sources as saying.
The PML-N chief said China had invested in Pakistani nuclear projects in the past and should provide more cooperation to help the country overcome its energy crisis, the channel reported.
Premier Li, who is on a two-day official visit to Pakistan as part of a four-nation trip, congratulated Sharif on his party`s victory in the general election. He expressed good wishes for the new government of Pakistan.
Sharif expressed the hope that the two countries will continue working together for the mutual benefit of their people.
The meeting was attended by former Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, PML-N leaders Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and Ishaq Dar, and Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Like seriously! Sohail Khan to replace Mika Singh on 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Meet Facebook's North Korean cousin!
- African nationals targetted: Delhi Police rule out hate crime angle, say 'attacks were not racial in nature'
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls