Nawaz Sharif should take pills for maturity: Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif should ‘grow up’ and if he fails to do so, he should take pills to make him mature, commenting on Sharif’s desire to become the prime minister.
Malik said, “Nawaz Sharif has gone from Nawaz Sharif to Baby Nawaz Sharif. His desire to become third time PM has meant a departure from his principles and senses. Someone has whispered in his ear that if he pushes for early elections, Imran Khan will not be ready quickly enough and he will win. They’re wrong and he should know it. The way he is behaving is childish. He should act mature. If he cannot, there are pills available, he should take them.”
Malik also exuded optimism about the future of the PPP in the upcoming elections, reports The Nation.
“If we have a five year mandate, let the government complete its tenure. Democracy is difficult to come by. Inshallah, if Nawaz Sharif keeps going in this direction, the next elected government will also be the PPP’s,” he said.
“The PML-N wants elections announced before the PM files an appeal. Nawaz Sharif, in one thing, I have to say, is excellent. He has the best lawyers. How your lawyers manage to stay for four years running now? I will have to take one away from you, by paying them a higher fee. Why does Nawaz deny to the prime minister what he took advantage of when returning from exile? The same exile, when he took his whole family, 40 suitcases, even his cook - and forgot his party workers languishing in jail,” Malik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof