Nawaz Sharif suspends son-in-law from PML-N
Lahore: The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has suspended the membership of Captain (retired) Muhammad Safdar because of his irresponsible statements against party leadership.
PML-N secretary general Iqbal Zafar Jagra suspended the basic membership of Safdar on party chief Nawaz Sharif`s directive, reports the Daily Times.
Safdar is a son-in-law of Nawaz Sharif and also the PML-N Youth Wing president.
A show-cause notice has been issued to him, in which his impolite and irresponsible statements have been mentioned as cause for formation of groupings within the party.
Safdar has been criticising party leaders Sardar Mehtab and Pir Sabir Shah for the past few days. He has been given 10 days to reply to the show-cause notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing