Nawaz Sharif suspends son-in-law from PML-N
Lahore: The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has suspended the membership of Captain (retired) Muhammad Safdar because of his irresponsible statements against party leadership.
PML-N secretary general Iqbal Zafar Jagra suspended the basic membership of Safdar on party chief Nawaz Sharif`s directive, reports the Daily Times.
Safdar is a son-in-law of Nawaz Sharif and also the PML-N Youth Wing president.
A show-cause notice has been issued to him, in which his impolite and irresponsible statements have been mentioned as cause for formation of groupings within the party.
Safdar has been criticising party leaders Sardar Mehtab and Pir Sabir Shah for the past few days. He has been given 10 days to reply to the show-cause notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read