Nawaz Sharif suspends son-in-law from PML-N
Lahore: The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has suspended the membership of Captain (retired) Muhammad Safdar because of his irresponsible statements against party leadership.
PML-N secretary general Iqbal Zafar Jagra suspended the basic membership of Safdar on party chief Nawaz Sharif`s directive, reports the Daily Times.
Safdar is a son-in-law of Nawaz Sharif and also the PML-N Youth Wing president.
A show-cause notice has been issued to him, in which his impolite and irresponsible statements have been mentioned as cause for formation of groupings within the party.
Safdar has been criticising party leaders Sardar Mehtab and Pir Sabir Shah for the past few days. He has been given 10 days to reply to the show-cause notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed