Nawaz Sharif suspends son-in-law from PML-N
Lahore: The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has suspended the membership of Captain (retired) Muhammad Safdar because of his irresponsible statements against party leadership.
PML-N secretary general Iqbal Zafar Jagra suspended the basic membership of Safdar on party chief Nawaz Sharif`s directive, reports the Daily Times.
Safdar is a son-in-law of Nawaz Sharif and also the PML-N Youth Wing president.
A show-cause notice has been issued to him, in which his impolite and irresponsible statements have been mentioned as cause for formation of groupings within the party.
Safdar has been criticising party leaders Sardar Mehtab and Pir Sabir Shah for the past few days. He has been given 10 days to reply to the show-cause notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH