Nawaz Sharif suspends son-in-law from PML-N
Lahore: The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has suspended the membership of Captain (retired) Muhammad Safdar because of his irresponsible statements against party leadership.
PML-N secretary general Iqbal Zafar Jagra suspended the basic membership of Safdar on party chief Nawaz Sharif`s directive, reports the Daily Times.
Safdar is a son-in-law of Nawaz Sharif and also the PML-N Youth Wing president.
A show-cause notice has been issued to him, in which his impolite and irresponsible statements have been mentioned as cause for formation of groupings within the party.
Safdar has been criticising party leaders Sardar Mehtab and Pir Sabir Shah for the past few days. He has been given 10 days to reply to the show-cause notice.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma