Nawaz Sharif to attend CHOGM summit in Colombo
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Sri Lanka next week.
Following the CHOGM summit in Colombo during November 15-17, Sharif will visit Thailand to participate in the "Connect Asia Pacific Summit" being held in Bangkok on November 18.
Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani will represent Pakistan in the ministerial level meeting to be held in Colombo before the summit.
According to the Foreign Office, the chairman of Pakistan`s Board of Investment will attend a meeting of the Commonwealth Business Forum to be held in Colombo.
On the sidelines of CHOGM, Sharif will hold bilateral meetings with some heads of states, including the President of Sri Lanka.
It is still not certain whether Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will attend the summit.
While in Thailand, Sharif will also undertake a bilateral official visit after the Connect Asia Pacific Summit, which will be attended by leaders of Mongolia, Rwanda, New Zealand, Cambodia and Togo.
Sharif`s visit, which follows a trip to Pakistan by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra in August, reflects the closeness of bilateral relations and a desire on part of the leadership of two countries to take these ties to new heights, the Foreign Office said.
During their meeting in Bangkok, the premiers of Pakistan and Thailand will review progress on decisions made during their meeting in Islamabad in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!