Nawaz Sharif to induct `China cell` into PM`s office
Islamabad: Newly elected Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has introduced ` China cell` in his office to speed up development projects in the country.
The Express Tribune reports that the cell will supervise alldevelopment projects to be executed with the cooperation of Chinese companies in Pakistan.
Sharif said that the government will bring the infrastructure of Gwadar port at par with Hong Kong, Dubai and Singapore and turn the city into a major trade hub.
According to the report, Nawaz said his meetings with Chinese President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang and representatives of Chinese companies over Pakistan`s energy and infrastructure issues had been fruitful.
Nawaz further added that the prospects of introducing mass transit systems in Karachi and Lahore, and high-speed trains in the country were also discussed during the meetings.
Nawaz reiterated that 2,000 km long trade corridor project would trigger socio-economic uplift for the entire region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...