Nawaz Sharif to visit Bangkok for summit
Islamabad: Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will undertake an official visit to Bangkok between Nov 17 and 19 to participate in the Connect Asia Pacific Summit, the foreign ministry said Friday.
Sharif will also pay official bilateral visit to Thailand after the summit commitments at the invitation of his Thai counterpart Yingluck Shinawatra, reported Xinhua citing the ministry in a statement.
His visit is expected to further augment the established close ties between the two friendly countries and their peoples, it added.
The visit, which closely follows the visit by Yingluck Shinawatra to Pakistan in August this year, is indicative of the closeness of Pakistan-Thailand relations and the desire on part of the leadership of the two countries to take these relations to new heights.
Pakistan and Thailand have sought to upgrade their political relations with deeper cooperation in trade, investment, education, science and technology, security, defence, culture and tourism.
Meanwhile, the Connect Asia Pacific Summit, to be held Nov 18, is being jointly organised by the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (MICT), the Thai government and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) .
The summit will inter alia be attended by the presidents of Mongolia and Rwanda and prime ministers of New Zealand, Cambodia and Togo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list