Nawaz Sharif urges for speedy trial of terrorists
Zee Media Bureau
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has advocated speedy trial for terrorism related cases, said Daily Times, a Pakistan newspaper.
While addressing the participants of ‘Vision 2025 - Stakeholders Conference’, Sharif said terrorism cases should be decided within 14 days. He further added that there shouldn’t be any bail for those involved in such cases.
Admitting the delay in verdicts in court cases, he also suggested that judges dealing with such cases should wear mask and hold trials through video links.
While calling the drone strikes unacceptable and counterproductive, Sharif had on Friday said to have raised the issue with US President Barack Obama and asked him to stop them.
His statement came after the recent drone strike in Hangu which killed six persons yesterday.
The Prime Minister`s Advisor for National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz had told the US envoy that the drone strikes are the violation Pakistan`s sovereignty and integrity and hampering the peace talks with the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Unbelievable! Gujarat researchers find traces of gold in urine of Gir cows
- Monsoon Session of Parliament to begin from July 18, end on August 12
- Barack Obama does not see major, cataclysmic changes after Brexit
- Mumbai: Youth performs daredevil stunt atop local train - Watch video
- You cannot afford to miss these monsoon destinations in India!