Nawaz Sharif urges for speedy trial of terrorists
Zee Media Bureau
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has advocated speedy trial for terrorism related cases, said Daily Times, a Pakistan newspaper.
While addressing the participants of ‘Vision 2025 - Stakeholders Conference’, Sharif said terrorism cases should be decided within 14 days. He further added that there shouldn’t be any bail for those involved in such cases.
Admitting the delay in verdicts in court cases, he also suggested that judges dealing with such cases should wear mask and hold trials through video links.
While calling the drone strikes unacceptable and counterproductive, Sharif had on Friday said to have raised the issue with US President Barack Obama and asked him to stop them.
His statement came after the recent drone strike in Hangu which killed six persons yesterday.
The Prime Minister`s Advisor for National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz had told the US envoy that the drone strikes are the violation Pakistan`s sovereignty and integrity and hampering the peace talks with the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?