Nawaz Sharif urges for speedy trial of terrorists
Zee Media Bureau
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has advocated speedy trial for terrorism related cases, said Daily Times, a Pakistan newspaper.
While addressing the participants of ‘Vision 2025 - Stakeholders Conference’, Sharif said terrorism cases should be decided within 14 days. He further added that there shouldn’t be any bail for those involved in such cases.
Admitting the delay in verdicts in court cases, he also suggested that judges dealing with such cases should wear mask and hold trials through video links.
While calling the drone strikes unacceptable and counterproductive, Sharif had on Friday said to have raised the issue with US President Barack Obama and asked him to stop them.
His statement came after the recent drone strike in Hangu which killed six persons yesterday.
The Prime Minister`s Advisor for National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz had told the US envoy that the drone strikes are the violation Pakistan`s sovereignty and integrity and hampering the peace talks with the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!