Nawaz Sharif`s aide appointed political secretary
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday appointed his close aide Asif Kirmani as his political secretary.
Kirmani played an important role during the PML-N`s election campaign.
"Kirmani is amply experienced in political matters of the party and maintains close liaison with political leadership of the party in the provinces," said a statement issued by the Premier`s office.
Sources described Kirmani as a key behind-the-scenes player in Sharif`s inner circle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly