Nawaz Sharif`s govt to continue Benazir’s reconciliation policy
Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif has said that his government will continue the policy of reconciliation initiated by former premier Benazir Bhutto.
Sharif, who was addressing the media after a meeting with President Asif Ali Zardari, said it is time for the political leadership and state institutions to join hands to overcome the challenges being faced by the country.
Zardari expressed confidence that after political transition the new government would successfully address the problems and issues facing the country, reports the Daily Times.
Sharif said people have elected him to serve the nation and he will make all possible efforts to live up to their expectations.
The President said that Sharif would enjoy full cooperation from the Presidency as prime minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog