Nawaz Sharif`s supporters celebrate victory in centre, Punjab
Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) activists are celebrating their party`s victory in Punjab and a majority in the centre to form the governments, following May 11 elections.
According to unconfirmed results, so far PML-N has won 132 seats, while PTI trailing with 36 seats, Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) 32, Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F) 12, Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) 13, Muslim League-Q (ML-Q) 1, Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) 3 and independents bagged 24 seats. Awami National Party (ANP) couldn`t win a single seat so far, reports Geo News.
Province-wise results show that PML-N leading in Punjab, PTI in Khyber Pukhtunkhwa, PPP in Sindh interior, MQM in Karachi and Hyderabad, while ANP has been washed out.
Prominent among those winning the elections thus far are: PML-N Chief Nawaz Sharif, PTI Chairman Imran Khan, Javed hashmi, Shahbaz Sharif, Ahsan Iqbal, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Farooq Sattar, Shah Mahmood Quraishi, Makhdoom Amin Faheem, Faisal Karim Kundi, Fazlur Rahman, Fahmeeda Mirza, Faryal Talpur, Khurshid Shah, Naveed Qamar, Nabeel Gabol, Jamshed Dasti, and Sumera Malik.
Former prime minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, ANP Chief Asfandyar Wali, former federal railway minister, Ghulam Ahmad Bilor, Dr. Firdaus Awan, Amir Muqam, Qamar Zaman Kaira, Nadeem Afzal Chun, Chaudhry Ahmad Mukhtar, Abdul Qadir Gilani, Faisal Saleh Hayat, Pervaiz Ellahi and several other stalwarts faced defeat in the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok