Nawaz Sharif`s supporters celebrate victory in centre, Punjab
Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) activists are celebrating their party`s victory in Punjab and a majority in the centre to form the governments, following May 11 elections.
According to unconfirmed results, so far PML-N has won 132 seats, while PTI trailing with 36 seats, Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) 32, Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F) 12, Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) 13, Muslim League-Q (ML-Q) 1, Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) 3 and independents bagged 24 seats. Awami National Party (ANP) couldn`t win a single seat so far, reports Geo News.
Province-wise results show that PML-N leading in Punjab, PTI in Khyber Pukhtunkhwa, PPP in Sindh interior, MQM in Karachi and Hyderabad, while ANP has been washed out.
Prominent among those winning the elections thus far are: PML-N Chief Nawaz Sharif, PTI Chairman Imran Khan, Javed hashmi, Shahbaz Sharif, Ahsan Iqbal, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Farooq Sattar, Shah Mahmood Quraishi, Makhdoom Amin Faheem, Faisal Karim Kundi, Fazlur Rahman, Fahmeeda Mirza, Faryal Talpur, Khurshid Shah, Naveed Qamar, Nabeel Gabol, Jamshed Dasti, and Sumera Malik.
Former prime minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, ANP Chief Asfandyar Wali, former federal railway minister, Ghulam Ahmad Bilor, Dr. Firdaus Awan, Amir Muqam, Qamar Zaman Kaira, Nadeem Afzal Chun, Chaudhry Ahmad Mukhtar, Abdul Qadir Gilani, Faisal Saleh Hayat, Pervaiz Ellahi and several other stalwarts faced defeat in the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener
- An Alaskan village votes to relocate because of global warming