Nawaz Sharif`s younger brother dies of electric shock
Lahore: Former Pakistani premier Nawaz Sharif`s younger brother Abbas Sharif died of an electric shock in this eastern city on Friday.
Abbas Sharif, 59, touched a live wire at a mosque near his family`s residence in Raiwind while leaving after the Friday prayer, a police officer said.
He was taken to the nearby Sharif Medical Complex, where doctors pronounced him dead.
A former member of the National Assembly or lower house of parliament, Abbas Sharif was not active in politics or the family business.
He is survived by his wife, two sons and as many daughters.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro