Nawaz Sharif`s younger brother dies of electric shock
Lahore: Former Pakistani premier Nawaz Sharif`s younger brother Abbas Sharif died of an electric shock in this eastern city on Friday.
Abbas Sharif, 59, touched a live wire at a mosque near his family`s residence in Raiwind while leaving after the Friday prayer, a police officer said.
He was taken to the nearby Sharif Medical Complex, where doctors pronounced him dead.
A former member of the National Assembly or lower house of parliament, Abbas Sharif was not active in politics or the family business.
He is survived by his wife, two sons and as many daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen