Need relaxation on employment visa: Lanka tells India
Colombo: Sri Lanka has sought some relaxation on employment visa from India and both countries are engaged in negotiations to simplify the visa regime, Commerce Minister Anand Sharma said on Saturday.
Sharma, who is here on an official visit, met Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa over lunch today and discussed bilateral ties and the purpose of his visit to the island nation.
The Minister also apprised Rajapaksa of the decisions taken during the visit and India`s decision to set up a Special Economic Zone on automobile, engineering goods and pharma hub.
Sources said Sharma informed Rajapaksa that Commerce Secretaries of both countries are already engaged in simplifying the visa regime. Sri Lanka has sought relaxation on the employment visa.
The sources said Rajapaksa told Sharma that he will visit India soon.
Yesterday, Sharma had discussed with Sri Lankan Foreign Minister GL Pieris issues relating to customs clearance.
"We will resolve all issues relating to customs clearance. India will be sending a draft customs cooperation agreement to Sri Lanka soon," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you